Armed Robber Hits Bank on Western Avenue
A lone man held up a First American Bank branch Monday morning.
Just after 9:30 a.m. a man in sunglasses and carrying a silver revolver entered the First American Bank branch at 11821 S. Western Ave. in Chicago.
He announced the robbery and demanded cash from bank employees, according to the FBI. There were no reports of injuries.
The suspect is about 5-foot-ten, and was wearing dark clothing and a dark cap, the FBI said. He left on foot.
In security camera photos he is seen pointing the revolver over the counter of the bank.
Investigators ask anyone with information about today's robbery to call the FBI at 312-421-6700.
- Blotter: Drunk Guy Scares Kids in Park, Charity Jar Stolen
- South Suburban DUI Arrests, July 29
- Mapping It Out: Burglaries During the Past Month
- FBI Searching for Hickory Hills Bank Robbery Suspect
- Former Village Employee Pleads Guilty to Choking 14-Year-Old Girl, Gets Probation