Choose Your Village Board Trustee: Candidate No. 3 Joe Cwiklinski
Dist. 1 residents pick their next Oak Lawn Village Board trustee.
Dist. 1 residents were introduced at a public meeting Tuesday to four neighbors who want to represent them on the Oak Lawn Village Board.
Oak Lawn Patch will post the videotaped statements of the candidates during the next few days.
The appointed trustee will take place of Jerry Hurckes, who resigned last month to go back to work for Congressman Dan Lipinski.
Dist. 1 residents have until Oct. 1 to email their village board trustee preference to Mayor Dave Heilmann at email@example.com. In order to do so, you must be registered to vote in Dist. 1.
Candidate No. 3: Joe Cwiklinski
- 35-year resident of Oak Lawn; wife, Charlotte, is a school teacher; father of two grown sons.
- Vietnam veteran
- Graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago; 25 years' experience in transportation field; 15 years' as a licensed real estate broker in Oak Lawn area.
- Speaks Polish fluently; works as a translator advocating for Poles before planning and development boards in Oak Lawn and other area municipalities.
- Found out as a real estate broker that Polish immigrants need hope because they aren't getting it from politicians.
- Has watched Oak Lawn change considerably for the better, not only in Dist. 1 but all of the village board districts.
Watch the other candidate videos: