Choose Your Village Board Trustee: Candidate No. 4 Gary Mentgen
Dist. 1 residents pick their next Oak Lawn Village Board trustee.
Dist. 1 residents were introduced at a public meeting Tuesday to four neighbors who want to represent them on the Oak Lawn Village Board.
Oak Lawn Patch will post the videotaped statements of the candidates during the next few days.
The appointed trustee will take place of Jerry Hurckes, who resigned last month to go back to work for Congressman Dan Lipinski.
Dist. 1 residents have until Oct. 1 to email their village board trustee preference to Mayor Dave Heilmann at email@example.com. In order to do so, you must be registered to vote in Dist. 1.
Candidate No. 4 Gary Mentgen
- Appointed commissioner to the Oak Lawn Business Development Commission.
- Helped create "Shop Oak Lawn," a program to promote local businesses in the village.
- Is a salesman for a Fortune 500 company and also represents 500 union members.
- Has three children and two grandchildren.
- Volunteered as a scout leader, youth sports coach and whatever else he could do to help Oak Lawn.
- Wants residents to give whoever the new trustee is a break because it's going to be hard to fill former Trustee Jerry Hurckes' shoes.
Watch the other candidate videos: