Kremer’s Five Hot Picks
1. Bolingbrook (5-1) at Sandburg (5-1), 7:30. Quick Take: Aaron Bailey and Raiders let a 14-0 lead slip away in loss to Lincoln-Way East. Eagles trounced Joliet Central. Tough loss. Easy win. Who has the mental edge here? Pick: Bolingbrook.
2. Oak Forest (5-1) at Tinley Park (5-1), 7. Quick Take: Much has been made of Tinley Park’s thunder-and-lightning combo in the backfield. Oak Forest counters with speed and power of its own. Plus, the Bengals have allowed half as many points as the Titans (169-83). Pick: Oak Forest.
3. Oak Lawn (3-3) at Richards (3-3), 7. Quick Take: Battle for bragging rights in Oak Lawn. Can Spartans avoid turnovers that have plagued them or will the Bulldogs’ Tommy Mister have his way? Pick: Richards.
4. St. Patrick (3-3) at Marist (4-2), 7:30. Quick Take: Marist scored on the ground, through the air and on special teams in complete-game rout of Marian Catholic. And it’s a good time for the RedHawks to be hitting their stride. Pick: Marist.
5. Lincoln-Way West (4-2) at Stagg (1-5), 7:30. Quick Take Warriors climbed into a four-way tie for first in the Southwest Suburban Red and must take care of business here. Stagg has one win and now looks to play the role of spoiler. Pick: Lincoln-Way West.
Last Week: 3-2 (.600). Season-to-date: 19-11 (.633).