The march continues to Oak Lawn Tour de Patch, which means it’s time for another local clue in our weeklong scavanger hunt.
This Wednesday, June 27, Patchers will blanket Oak Lawn with our zealous spirit, volunteer efforts and most importantly for you — LOTS of giveaways, such as free gift cards to anyone who utters the secret word, "Park Lawn,” to us while we are out and about that day.
It’s your Oak Lawn Patch editor’s way of thanking our loyal readers—the best and smartest readers of all the Patches in America.
As a preview, let's go on a virtual scavenger hunt!
If you can identify this perky little fellow, you will win a $5 gift card to Starbucks. Hint: You may a catch a chill stopping here to pick up supplies for your cocktail party. The first person to email me at email@example.com wins.
Congratulations to Dennis Sepessey Sr. and Carol Sheehan for correctly guessing the “the Chief” in front of the Liquor Barn on Southwest Highway in Saturday’s local clue.
Also, congrats to Rachel Greene and Linda Allyn Gough for correctly guessing the late, great Mayor Ernie Kolb as the owner of the wingtip shoe in Sunday’s local clue.
The Skinny on Oak Lawn Tour de Patch
- Keep an eye out and join us June 27 as we tour the Oak Lawn community. We’ll be pretty easy to find, as we’ll be decked out in our bright green Patch gear.
- If you see Patchers in Oak Lawn, tell us the Secret Word ("Park Lawn"), and win one of our Best Buy, iTunes or Starbucks cards. We'll have other prizes, too, including T-shirts, Patch pens and magnets and more.
- Throughout the day, you can visit us at the Oak Lawn Farmers Market at Cook and Dumke where we'll be sharing a table with First Merit Bank, and at Deja Brew.
- Then pop in at the Oak Lawn Library around 11 a.m. where Patchers will be reading stories to 2-6-year-olds in the Youth Services Room.
- We'll also be delivering doughnuts from Tuzik's 95th Street Bakery to the warehouse crew at Park Lawn Services, and doing activities with day campers at the Oak Lawn Park District.
- Then join us for prank phone calls when we call village hall and ask if they have "King Edward in a box." (Just kidding!!!!)
Would you like us to visit your office? Your restaurant? Your nonprofit organization? Let us know! Tell us in the comments and will rain goodies down upon you and your co-workers.
Be ready to pose for pictures, or even get in on one of our videos. We'll be posting them on to Oak Lawn Patch all day.