Patch Releases Part 3B of the Legal Investigation Into the Former Village Attorney
Read "Part 3B" of the legal report into the former village attorney paid for by the taxpayers of Oak Lawn.
The Oak Lawn Village Board released a second investigative report into the former village attorney now known as Tressler LLP after questions arose about the firm's billings and handling of litigation.
The village board voted unanimously last April to accept a $500,000 from the firm. The settlement also carried an agreement to keep the final report confidential.
The saga continues with Part 3B of the Godfrey and Kahn report. The 206-page document includes:
- Mayor Dave Heilmann's reponses to Godfrey and Kahn "observations" into the hiring of Heilmann's attorney friend and community theater partner Norm Chimenti;
- Email and snail-mail correspondence between 2008 and 2012 from Oak Lawn elected and village officials;
- Village board open meeting and executive session minutes;
- Invoices for Kmart litigation and Oak Lawn firefighter Sharon Januszewski's sexual harrassment lawsuit against the village and Oak Lawn Fire Department;
- An Oak Lawn Patch article from May 4, 2011.
And this is just a sampling.
Warning: Documents contain some graphic language.
The report was obtained by a Freedom of Information Act request filed with the Village.
Tell your peeps to follow Oak Lawn Patch on Facebook.