Now, you can find out about a power outage before you get home to flip on your light switch.
ComEd has a new service that allows Oak Lawn residents to sign up for text messages regarding power outages in their areas. The Outage Alert program is coordinated through the company's partner, AGENT511, according to its website. ComEd does not charge for the service, but asks participants to complete a short application form.
Regular phone rates and data fees may apply and subscribers could receive up to seven alert messages per day.
Subscribers may receive messages when:
- An outage has been reported (by you, another customer or automated system monitoring) affecting your service.
- An outage has been reported and an estimated restore time has been determined.
- A crew is on its way to the repair site and an estimated restore time has been determined.
- A crew is on site to repair service and an estimated restore time has been determined.
- The outage affecting your service has been restored.
For more information or to sign up, check out ComEd's outage alert info.