The Oak Lawn Chamber of Commerce’s three-day ‘Spring Into Summer’ fest promoting local businesses opened Friday evening with a new car show featuring local dealerships and party on top of the Oak Lawn Metra Parking Garage. The car show runs through Sunday.
Free parking available for Spring Into Summer in Metra Parking Garage.
Some of the proceeds from the event will go toward the Children Museum in Oak Lawn’s “We the People Exhibit” and final touches on the 9/11 First Responder Monument.
Lots of children’s activities are planned during the day on Saturday including the Pet Parade, Vendor Fair and live music by Windy City Sounds.
Spring Into Summer fest is located behind the Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn at 5100 Museum Drive, by the Oak Lawn Metra Station. The block-long fest runs to Tulley Avenue.
To plan your day of fun, see the schedule below:
- Saturday, June 16
- Pet Parade Line-up, 9 a.m. – Oak Lawn-Hometown Middle School, 54th Avenue and 99th Street. All marchers must be in place by 9:30 a.m.
- Pet Parade, 10 a.m. – Featuring the OL Police Dept., OL Fire Dept., Johnson-Phelps VFW Post 5220, Stockyard Kilty Band, and hundreds of community members and pets: From OLHMS east on 99th Street to Tulley Avenue; north on Tulley to Oak Lawn Metra Station/Museum Drive. It’s free to march in the parade.
- Vendor Fair and Fun, Fun, Fun DJ, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Museum Drive in front of the Metra Station.
- New Car Show, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. – Metra Garage Roof Top, Windy City Sounds band.
- Pet Parade Contest and raffle winners announced, 11 a.m.
Itinerary for Children’s Activities, 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Natures Creatures, 10:30 a.m.
- Joon Lee Tae Kwon Do, Noon
- Measner Magic Show, 1 p.m.
- Face painting, all day.
- Touch-A-Truck, all day
- Oak Lawn Police Vehicle
- Oak Lawn Fire Pole
- Ozinga Cement Mixer
- Suburban Bank VW
- Marine Corps, Humvee 1 or Humvee 3
Sponsored by Oak Lawn Fire Dept. and Ozinga.