Are you still undecided about what to do on Thanksgiving? Or ready to embark on your annual search of a pumpkin pie that you stayed up all night baking at Baker's Square or Jewel?
So you don’t have to call or drive around, Patch has compiled a list of restaurants and businesses open on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 22). We’ve included supermarkets, liquor stores, conveniece stores and other businesses for those last minute dinner emergencies or alcohol to put your relatives in a happy mood.
Many local restaurants are open for business for walk-in guests or are accepting reservations for Thanksgiving Day. If you’re familiar with one of these restaurants or businesses, click on the link and leave a review for your fellow readers in Patch "Places."
Let us know if we missed one in the comments section and we’ll add it to the list. And if you need a break from the family togetherness this weekend, don't forget the Patch guide of where to go for a much needed cocktail.
- Stacked, regular hours, 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Whitney's Bar and Grille (Hilton Oak Lawn), restaurant is completely booked for Thanksgiving, but you can sit at the bar and have a cocktail from 11am-midnight.
- Jedi's Garden, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., walk-ins welcome.
- Les Brothers, accepting reservations for five or more, 24 hours.
- Oak Lawn Family Restaurant, 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- T.G.I. Friday's, 4:30 to 11 p.m.
- Huck Finn Donuts Restaurant, open until 12:30 p.m.; reopens at 6 a.m. Friday.
- Baker's Square, 4839 W. 111th St., Alsip, open 48 hours for pie pic-up and dining in, from 7 a.m. Thursday to midnight Friday, Nov. 22-23.
- Boston Market, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., dinner pick-up and dining.
- Jenny's Steakhouse, 11041 Menard Ave., Chicago Ridge, 708-229-2272; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (almost completely booked so call ahead for Thanksgiving Day).
Supermarkets and Liquor Stores
- Kenwood Liquors (no credit cards), 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Cardinal Liquor Barn, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Jewel, Cicero Ave. and 103rd; 95th Street and Pulaski Road; and Ridgeland Avenue and 87th Street, close at 4 p.m. Thanksgiving; reopens Friday (Nov. 23) at 6 a.m.
- Freshline Foods, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fresh Pick Market, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fairplay Foods, 8700 S Cicero Ave., 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Starbucks, 95th Street and Oak Lawn Metra Station, 6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Starbucks, 6768 W. 95th St., 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Starbucks, Cicero Avenue and 103rd St., 5 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Foodie Foods, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walgreens, 95th Street and Cicero Avenue, open 24 hours
- Walgreens, 95th Street and Melvina Avenue, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Walgreens, 107th Street and Cicero Avenue, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 7-Eleven, 10441 S. Cicero Ave., 24 hours
- 7-Eleven, 10220 S. Central Ave. 24 hours
- 7-Eleven, 4501 W. 95th St., 24 hours
- Speedway, 9800 S. Cicero Ave., 24 hours
- Speedway, 6030 W. 95th St., 24 hours
- Marathon, 24 hours
- Arena Lanes, 4 p.m. to midnight