Village Posts Employees' 2011 Salaries
View village employees' salaries in 2011. Then come back and take the poll.
Earnings include gross wages from the past year. The highest paid employee was village manager Larry Deetjen at $154,732.
Two Oak Lawn Fire Department captains made more than their boss, Chief George Sheets. A custodian also earned more than the village clerk. It’s all public information.
TAKE THE POLL: ‘Do You Think Village Employees’ Salaries Are Too High?’
Here are some of the top earners, and randomly chosen municipal employees for perspective. We’ve also included the pdf of village employee earnings.
- Larry Deetjen, village manager -- $154,732
- Roger Minnis, custodian II -- 77,863.01
- Jane Quinlan, village clerk -- $59,644
- Brian Hanigan, finance director -- $123, 880
- John P. Gallagher, civil engineer -- $101,056
- Chad R. Weiler, director of business operations -- $78,700
- Donna M. Nagel, cashier I -- $47,502
- Bill Villanova, police chief -- $119,500
- Timothy E. Furmenek, police lieutenant -- $111,892
- Michael T. Fortuna, patrol officer -- $98,229
- George Sheets, fire chief -- $115,072
- Robert A. Wesselhoff, fire captain -- $127,272
- Michael S. Borman, fire captain -- $127,237
- Michael J. Curran, firefighter/paramedic -- $113,753
- James J, Casper, firefighter/paramedic -- $95,906
- Steve Barrett, public works superintendent -- $98,656
- Thomas L. Fagan, public works crew chief -- $86,692