What's Open, Closed on President's Day
Most schools and government offices are closed Monday February 18 for Presidents Day.
Chances are if you're reading this you're off for Presidents Day, or attended the Oak Lawn Raiders' Winter Picnic on Sunday and called in sick. Here's a look at what's open and closed, plus a few suggestions of stuff to keep your children busy while they're off from school, as well as some nearby mattress sales.
- Most Oak Lawn public and parochial schools.
- Oak Lawn Village Hall
- Federal, state, countyand local government offices and courts
- U.S. Post Office (no mail delivery, holiday mail pickup)
- Metra's Southwest Line will be running on its regular weekday schedule.
- Oak Lawn Library, regular hours,9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Children's Museum in Oak Lawn, regular hours, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Oak Lawn Park District parks
Things To Do for Families:
- Oak Lawn Library: Family Movie Screening, featuring Oscar-nominated and winning shorts, starring Superman, Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry, and more, FREE. 2 to 4 p.m.
- Chicago Auto Show, McCormick Place, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive. Adults, $12; Seniors (62+) $6; Children (7-12), $6; free admission for children under 6 when accompanied by a paying adults (family members only). 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
TAKE THE PATCH PRESIDENTS DAY POLL: Which president would you most like to run into at a Presidents Day mattress sale?