Invite a friend
Friends of the Oak Lawn Library Trip: Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Springfield
Visit the spectacular state-of the art Abraham Lincoln Museum, tour the historical exhibit "The Journey" covering the scope of Lincoln’s life, and view "Lincoln's Eyes" – a multimedia presentation of his life and legacy - at the Union Theatre. Additional trip highlights include "Ghosts of the Library" - a memorable show mixing live actors with special effects, a tour of the Abraham Lincoln home and neighborhood, a visit to the Lincoln Tomb, and a delicious
buffet lunch at the Chesapeake House Restaurant.
The bus will depart from the library at 7 a.m. and return at 9:30 p.m. The cost of the trip is $81 for Friends members and $86 for others. An in-person registration will be held
Saturday, August 11 from 9:30-10:30 a.m. in the library's lobby. Members must present a current membership card or receipt to receive the $5 discount. Two ticket limit. Please be advised that this trip is not wheelchair accessible.
More About Oak Lawn Public Library
The Oak Lawn Public Library serves more than 50,000 residents from Oak Lawn and other surrounding communities.
The library offers access to a vast collection of resources for research and recreation.
The library was founded in 1934. Although the original library building is long gone, a new library was built in the 1970s, and underwent an attractive upgrade in 2002.
Patrons of all ages are encouraged to take advantage of the library's generous borrowing privileges, Internet workstations and wireless access, electronic databases, cultural and educational programs for children and adults, community meeting rooms, convenient book and video drops, patron café and the opportunity for lifelong learning.
All Oak Lawn residents and property taxpayers within the village are eligible for a free library card.
In addition to its extensive collection of books, DVDs, and CDs, the library offers the Bookworm Café, where patrons can enjoy tea, coffee, and sandwiches.
Other events here
- Finals Week Snack & Study Daily, 2:00 pm–9:00 pm
- Movie Screening - The Impossible Tomorrow, May 24, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Old Time Radio and the Great American Songbook Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm
- "Meet the Oak Lawn Artists" Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Crafts Weekly on Wednesdays, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Junior Friends (Grades 6-10) Mon, Jun 10, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Health Screenings Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Movie Screening: The Great Gatsby Thu, Jun 13, 2:00 pm