Invite a friend
Lyric Opera Lecture: (Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg)
The Lyric Opera Lecture Series is sponsored by the Friends of the Oak Lawn Library. At each program, a member of
the Lyric Opera Lecture Corps will explain the plot, give background on the composer and play musical selections. Lecture dates closely coincide with each opening performance at The Lyric Opera of Chicago. Opera lectures are held in
the library's lower level meeting rooms on a first-come, first-seated basis. Admission is free. No registration required.
More About Oak Lawn Public Library
The Oak Lawn Public Library serves more than 50,000 residents from Oak Lawn and other surrounding communities.
The library offers access to a vast collection of resources for research and recreation.
The library was founded in 1934. Although the original library building is long gone, a new library was built in the 1970s, and underwent an attractive upgrade in 2002.
Patrons of all ages are encouraged to take advantage of the library's generous borrowing privileges, Internet workstations and wireless access, electronic databases, cultural and educational programs for children and adults, community meeting rooms, convenient book and video drops, patron café and the opportunity for lifelong learning.
All Oak Lawn residents and property taxpayers within the village are eligible for a free library card.
In addition to its extensive collection of books, DVDs, and CDs, the library offers the Bookworm Café, where patrons can enjoy tea, coffee, and sandwiches.
Other events here
- Old Time Radio and the Great American Songbook Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm
- "Meet the Oak Lawn Artists" Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Crafts Weekly on Wednesdays, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Junior Friends (Grades 6-10) Mon, Jun 10, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Health Screenings Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Movie Screening: The Great Gatsby Thu, Jun 13, 2:00 pm
- Mad Science Mondays: Grades 2-3 Weekly on Mondays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Lunchtime @ the Library Weekly on Mondays, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm