Invite a friend
What's Your Problem?
Jon Yates, award-winning columnist at the "Chicago Tribune" and author of the new consumer guide, "What's Your Problem? Cut Through the Red Tape, Challenge the System and Get Your Money Back" will discuss the techniques he has learned and how you can become your own Problem Solver. His presentation includes a reading from the book along with must-have tips on issues such as how to handle customer service calls, how to write a complaint letter and how to hire a contractor. Jon will also discuss his "golden rules" on how to be a good consumer and field questions from audience members. Copies of the book will be available for sale.
More About Oak Lawn Public Library
The Oak Lawn Public Library serves more than 50,000 residents from Oak Lawn and other surrounding communities.
The library offers access to a vast collection of resources for research and recreation.
The library was founded in 1934. Although the original library building is long gone, a new library was built in the 1970s, and underwent an attractive upgrade in 2002.
Patrons of all ages are encouraged to take advantage of the library's generous borrowing privileges, Internet workstations and wireless access, electronic databases, cultural and educational programs for children and adults, community meeting rooms, convenient book and video drops, patron café and the opportunity for lifelong learning.
All Oak Lawn residents and property taxpayers within the village are eligible for a free library card.
In addition to its extensive collection of books, DVDs, and CDs, the library offers the Bookworm Café, where patrons can enjoy tea, coffee, and sandwiches.
Other events here
- Movie Screening - The Impossible Today, May 24, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Old Time Radio and the Great American Songbook Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 2:00 pm
- Movie Screening: Silver Linings Playbook Mon, Jun 3, 6:30 pm
- "Meet the Oak Lawn Artists" Tue, Jun 4, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Drop-In Crafts Weekly on Wednesdays, 5:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Junior Friends (Grades 6-10) Mon, Jun 10, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Health Screenings Wed, Jun 12, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Movie Screening: The Great Gatsby Thu, Jun 13, 2:00 pm
- Mad Science Mondays: Grades 2-3 Weekly on Mondays, 10:00 am–11:00 am