Oak Lawn’s premiere festival event -- Fall on the Green -- takes place this weekend on the Village Green located at 95th Street and Cook Avenue on Sept. 9, Sept. 10 and Sept. 11. Admission and rides are free!
Patch will be popping in and posting photos and updates throughout the weekend, so check back often.
We’ve got your including the band lineup, kids bathtub races and other tips to make Fall on the Green 2011 enjoyable this year.
- Times: 6 p.m. to midnight, Friday, Sept. 9; 11 a.m. to midnight, Saturday, Sept. 10; and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sunday, Sept. 11.
- Parking/shuttle bus: Parking is available at the Oak Lawn Metra Station parking tower at 95th Street and Museum Drive. A free shuttle bus courtesy of the Village of Oak Lawn will leave every quarter hour beginning at 6 p.m. Friday, 4 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday. Board the bus next to the train station parking tower.
- Food: Bring your appetite to Fall on the Green’s Food Court featuring a wide selection of food fare including hamburgers, hot dogs, Italian sausage, Italian Beef, Polish sausage, pizza, Chinese specialties, boneless rib sandwiches, gyros, shish kabobs, ice cream and desserts. What fest would be complete without cotton candy, nachos, corndogs and elephant ears. Soft drinks are also available.
- Adult beverages: Stop by the Beer Garden tent for your favorite domestic and imported beers, wine and the infamous Mai Tai Bar. Live music is also available in the Beer Garden Tent.
- Arts and Crafts: Get in some early holiday shopping at the Fall on the Green Arts and Crafts Show held from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, featuring some of the finest Midwestern crafters and artisans.
- Children’s Activities: Kids won’t get bored when the see the array of children’s activities, including games, inflatable rides, face painting, a tattoo parlor, and everyone’s favorite – THE BATHTUB RACES! There is also a teen tent featuring a climbing wall, bungee run, giant Twister game and base. The bathtub races are actually a ride where three kids can race in a tub. No Registration, no entry fee, and no sideline betting! The bathrub races run for the duration of the fest.
- Business tent: Learn why it’s best to shop in Oak Lawn by visiting the Business Tent featuring many the village’s vibrant small businesses and other fine area vendors.
- Entertainment: The music is non-stop on Fall on the Green’s three stages at the Beer Garden, Gazebo and Main Stage. There is a genre for every musical taste in your family, from alternative rock and the classic oldies to marching bands and the Rat Pack.
Fall on the Green Band Line-Up
FRIDAY, SEPT. 9
- The World of Kevin (rock): Beer Garden, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Hey Jimmy (party covers): Main Stage, 7:30-10 p.m.
- The Hat Guys (groove/dance): Beer Garden, 9:30-Midnight
SATURDAY, SEPT. 10
- Richards High School Marching Band: Main Stage, 1-1:30 p.m.
- Oak Lawn Community High School Marching Band: Main Stage, 2-2:30 p.m.
- The Opinions (alternative pop/rock): Beer Garden, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Those in Glass Houses (alternative rock): Gazebo, 2:30-5 p.m.
- Identity Crisis (rock): Beer Garden, 5-7 p.m.
- The Walk-Ins (pop/rock): Main Stage, 7:30-10 p.m.
- Dick Diamond & the Dusters (1970s’ and 1980s): Beer Garden, 10 p.m. – Midnight
SUNDAY, SEPT. 11
- Chicago Rat Pack (swing): Main Stage, Noon-2 p.m.
- The Bolts (rock cover): Gazebo, 2:30-5 p.m.
- The Chancey Brothers (Irish pub): Beer Garden, 2-2:20 p.m.
- Chicago Tribute Anthology (classic rock): Main Stage, 3:30-5:45 p.m.
- Dash Red (alternative rock): Beer Garden, 6-8:30 p.m.