The Chicago suburbs has plenty of excellent hills for sledding during the winter months. We've mapped out some of the more popular locations — see our map above for hills within driving distance of your home. Zoom out to find sledding hills throughout the Chicago suburbs.
The popular Swallow Cliff Woods sledding hill is closed for the winter to make improvements to the site.
Pioneer Woods on 107th street, 1/2 mile west of LaGrange Road. This hill now has temporary lighting and will be open until 9pm.
Sledding hills near Oak Lawn include:
- 50-Acre Park (former Evergreen Country Club) near 91st and California in Evergreen Park;
- Kasey Meadow Park, 8047 W. 91st Pl., Hickory Hills. Sled hill is open until 9 p.m.
- Homerding Park, 116th and Oak Park Avenue, Worth.
- Pioneer Woods, 10218 W. 107th St., Willow Springs. Hill is open until sunset. For more info, visit the Cook County Forest Preserve website.
- Visit the Cook County Forest Preserve website for a complete list of hills in the Chicago region.
Did we forget to include your favorite hill? Let the community know where it is by commenting below.