Kremer’s Five Hot Picks
1. Shepard (3-4) at Evergreen Park (5-2), 7. Quick Take: Shepard must win to keep its slim playoff hopes alive. Evergreen Park must win to stay in hunt in the South Suburban Red. Pick: Evergreen Park.
2. Loyola (7-0) at Brother Rice (5-2), 7:30. Quick Take: It’s the running of Brother Rice’s Walkers (Andrew and Martez) vs. the spread-offense passing attack of the Ramblers and Malcolm Weaver. Scoreboard lights could burn out here. Pick: Loyola.
3. Sandburg (5-2) at Lockport (5-2), 7. Quick Take: In a 27-3 loss to Bolingbrook, the Eagles’ only points came on a 53-yard field goal by Ted Vergados. Look for Sandburg’s offense to pick up the pace here. Pick: Sandburg.
4. Andrew (4-3) at Lincoln-Way North (4-3), 7. Quick Take: Lincoln-Way North looks to knock Andrew out of three-way tie for first in Southwest Suburban Red. The T-Bolts have won three in a row and 4-of-5. Pick: Andrew.
5. Notre Dame (3-4) at Marian Catholic (3-4), 7:30. Quick Take: Don’t look now, but Marian Catholic is living on the edge. The Spartans must win out to reach the IHSA post-season playoff party for the fifth time in the last six seasons. Pick: Marian Catholic.
Last Week: 4-1 (.800). Season-to-date: 23-12 (.657).