1. Andrew (13-0): The T-Bolts’ supporting cast enjoyed a moment in the spotlight in a 59-34 victory over Illiana Christian. Mike Grenda (7 points, 6 rebounds), Mike Bobek (5 points, 5 assists) and Tyler Hook (6 points, 6 rebounds) put a stamp on Lucky No. 13. Andrew plays at Thornwood tonight.
2. Homewood-Flossmoor (12-4): Tim Williams, Rashaan Surles and Tyrone Sherman had the Vikings humming in a victories over Sandburg and Rockford Boylan last weekend. H-F faces Lincoln-Way Central tonight and then will gear up for a battle with Bloom at 7 p.m. Tuesday (Jan. 24) on its home floor.
3. Bloom (15-3): The Blazing Trojans let a 36-27 lead slip away in the final 1:43 of regulation and dropped a 47-43 decision to Sandburg. The loss was Bloom’s third in the last five games and came despite L.J. Johnson’s 16 points. And the Trojans play their next three on the road, starting with a game at Kankakee tonight.
4. Marist (15-4): The RedHawks placed five players in double figures—L.J. McIntosh, Tyler Oden, Lexus Williams, Nic Weishar and Matt O’Reilly—and made 52 percent of their shots in their 75-69 victory over Brother Rice. Chicago Harlan comes calling on Saturday.
5. Sandburg (8-7): Don’t be fooled by the Eagles’ record—they started slow and played without their full lineup for much of November and December. Now, they’re coming on strong and looking like a threat to make some noise in the postseason. Nick Lehnerer’s 3-point shooting fueled a 47-43 overtime win over Bloom. Sandburg takes on Joliet West tonight.
Next best in alphabetical order: Brother Rice, Marian Catholic, Oak Forest, Providence, Stagg.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).