A man who was dining at Hooter’s called police when he observed five men flashing gang signs and possibly a handgun around 5:35 p.m. Sept. 16, Oak Lawn police said.
Police responded to the 4700 block of West 92nd Street for a report of an armed subject. Dispatch advised that a man in a silver Dodge Charger was seen with what appeared to be a black handgun, reports said.
The man was in the car with four other male passengers when the officer pulled up on the scene. The officer held the men at gunpoint until other police officers arrived.
The alleged gang members were detained and searched by police. Police also searched the car but did not find a weapon.
The Hooters patron said he was inside the restaurant when he observed the five men in the middle of the street flashing gang signs at passing cars and other patrons, reports said. Police said one of the men appeared to be holding a black handgun.
Fearing for his own safety and the Hooters’ patrons, the man called police.
At the Oak Lawn police station, police said the five men admitted to being members of Satan's Disciples. The five were charged with disorderly conduct.
Police photographed the men and entered them into the Oak Lawn gang file.
Charged with disorderly conduct are:
- John Meda, 22, of the 7200 block of South Troy Avenue, Chicago
- Carmen Meda-Garcia, 19, of the 7200 block of South Troy Avenue, Chicago
- Armando Urbana, 22, of the 3900 block of West 70th Place, Chicago
- Victor M. Cerezo, Jr., 24, of the 7700 block of South Luna Avenue, Burbank
- Paulo Hernandez, 25, of the 2400 block of West 61st Avenue, Chicago
All five are due back in court on Nov. 14 at the Bridgeview Court House.
Police report information is provided by the Oak Lawn Police Department and other law enforcement agencies. Charges are not evidence of guilt. They are a record of police actions on a given day, and persons charged with a crime are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. If you or a family member are charged or cited and the case is subsequently adjudicated, we encourage you to notify the editor. We will verify and report the outcome.
Catch up on POLICE NEWS:
- Accused Drunk Driver Threatens To Give Police West Nile Virus
- Gangbangers On the Green: 8 Cited for Flashing Gang Signs