The National Weather Service has issued a severe thunderstorm warning that is expected to sweep through the Oak Lawn-Evergreen Park area around 5:30 p.m. Thursday.
The warning is in effect for the southern Cook County in Northeast Illinois and north central Will County in Northeast Illinois, and remains in effect until 5:45 p.m.
At 4:42 P.M. a severe thunderstorm was located near Lockport and moving east at 20mph.
Quarter-size hail and 60-mph wind gusts may be possible.
The severe thunderstorm will be near these towns so tell all your friends: • Homer Glen and Lemont around 5 p.m.
• Orland Park and Tinley Park around 5:15 p.m.
• Palos Hills around 5:20 p.m.
• Worth and Hickory Hills around 5:25 p.m.
• Chicago Ridge and Oak Lawn around 5:30 p.m.
• Merrionette Park and Posen around 5:35 p.m.
Other locations in the warning include Orland Hills, Palos Park, Palos Heights, Bridgeview, Robbins and Hometown, and the city of Chicago.