It's time to stock up on Girl Scout cookies and Patch is here to point you in the right direction.
We placed a call out on our Facebook page and local Girl Scout leaders let us know how you can place orders locally. Here is a list of troops and contact info for how to reserve your favorite box of cookies. (Which everyone knows should be the thin mints.)
This week Oak Lawn Daisies, Brownies and Girl Scouts are taking to the streets for the 95th annual cookie sale. Orders are being accepted through the end of the January. After the ordering period, booth sales take place February through March at local malls and stores.
Troops are raising money through cookie sales to go camp and to help defray costs for field trips and troop operations.
We placed a call out on our Facebook page and local Girl Scout leaders, moms and dads let us know you can place orders locally.
Said Tammy Sarka of what being a Girl Scout means to her special needs daughter:
“My special (Down Syndrome) Brownie will be selling starting Jan. 5. She loves being part of the Girl Scouts and they have done wonders for her!”
Girls who sell 2,013 boxes will get a free week’s stay at Camp Tecumseh in Georgia.
Here is a list of troops and contact info how to reserve your favorite box of cookies. (Which everyone knows to be thin mints. Many local moms and leaders said they are happy to deliver.
Also, there is a free Girl Scout cookie app that helps people you locate cookies in their local area. Simply call **472665437** from your phone or find it on the iPhone App Store or Android Market Place.
If you need a reminder of the various offerings check out the official Cookie Guide.
Harnew Elementary School
- Katie Higgins - "The super cute 5-year-olds from the Daisy Troop are selling cooks. Contact Katie Higgins at email@example.com. She will deliver cookie orders."
- Di Ana - The adorable 7- and 8-year-old Brownies are also selling cookies. Contact Di Ana at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested -- TIA."
Covington Elementary School (ADDED)
- The 3rd Grade Brownie Girl Scouts at Covington School are selling cookies for their first camping trip. Please contact Maggie Bartoszewski, Troop Leader, at 708-602-6611 or email@example.com to order your delicious cookies! Our favorites are Thin Mints. What about you?
- I am one of the troop leaders for Covington school 2nd grade Brownies. We are selling girls scout cookies and are willing to deliver within the Oak Lawn area. Please contact Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in helping our troop!
Sward Elementary School
- Becky Staszak - "The Brownies and Daisies of Sward are selling books. Becky Staszak is also a nursing student at St. Xavier University. If you work at/attend school at Xav’s Becky can set you up. Contact her at email@example.com."
Kolmar Elementary School:
- Johanne Tatman Naegele - “I have a 2nd grade Brownie troop at Kolmar if you want to support us! Our girls set their goal at 50 boxes per girl this year! Contact me (Johanne Naegele) at firstname.lastname@example.org and help us reach our goal!”
Lieb Elementary School
- Dan Kruse – “My daughter is in Lieb school's Daisy troop. Email Julie.email@example.com. Setting up a Paypal for easy payments.”
Worth Township Building (Alsip)
- Deana McIntire - The Brownies that meet at the Worth Township Building in Alsip are selling cookies. They will also be doing a cookie booth later on. Contact Deana McIntire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Gerald’s Parish and School
- Tracy Nickless Schorie - "The Daisies at St. Gerald’s are peddling cookies. Contact Tracy at Tracy.email@example.com if you need to hook up."
- Debbie Ryzner - "My daughter is at St. Gerald. Please feel free to post my email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for the support."
St. Germaine Parish and School
- Melissa Estrada Novak - “Our 4th grade Juniors troop from St. Germaine is trying to sell enough boxes to pay for their camping trip to Camp Tecumseh in the spring. Anyone interested in helping us by buying cookies can email email@example.com. The initial order is due by January 25th but orders can still be taken after that. Cookies will be delivered to customers starting February 10th!!”
- Dawn Sodaro - “Abbie Sodaro in Troop 60617 is selling Girl Scout Cookies for Brownies. Anyone interested in buying from her can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just put Girl Scout Cookies in the subject line!!! Thanks all!”
Oak Lawn/Chicago Ridge/Worth
- Sheri Hartell - Yes we have the older girls from Oak Lawn, Chicago Ridge and Worth. We'll deliver also. Contact me at SherHart4@gmail.com.
- Helen Gesell - I am the Service Unit Manager for the Oak Lawn Girl Scouts! I can find a troop for you to get cookies from - no matter where in Oak Lawn you live! Yes - please post my email. email@example.com.
- Marilou Purpura is a former Oak Lawn resident living temporarily in Lemont who likes to keep up with the old hometown on Oak Lawn Patch. She is taking orders for the Lemont area and says she can deliver. Contact Marilou at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want cookies.
Let us know when your troop’s booth sale is taking place by sharing it in Oak Lawn Patch “Events” following these simple instructions. We'll compile a map for booth sales.