One of Oak Lawn's favorite summertime fests will kick off at 5 p.m. Thursday.
will be at the , Southwest Highway and Central Avenue, and feature everything from music to bingo to raffles to everything in between.
Hours for this year's carnival will be:
- 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday;
- 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday;
- 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday;
- 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday.
Who doesn't like bingo? The popular game will be featured all four days of the festival.
Food, games and rides will be plentiful.
Beer garden musical entertainment inludes:
- Thursday, August 9 - Sean and Charlie - 7 - 10 p.m.
- Friday, August 10 - In Like Flynn - 5 - 8 p.m.
Arra - 9 - 12 p.m.
- Saturday, August 11 - Lake Effect - 5 - 8 p.m.
The Hat Guys - 9 - 12 p.m.
- Sunday, August 12 - Polka Band - 3 - 6 p.m.
Hurricane Gumbo - 7 - 10 p.m.
A raffle benefiting the parish will be featured throughout the festival. Cash prizes of up to $7,00 will be awarded. Winners will be announced Sunday. Tickets are each $25 or five for $100.
Four-day mega passes with unlimited rides during the carnival are $40 ($60 during the carnival) and can be purchased at the St. Gerald’s Parish office by calling 708-422-0234 or after Masses.
Wristbands for $20 are good for unlimited rides between 1 and 5 p.m.
To purchase four-day mega passes, raffle tickets or for more information, visit the St. Gerald’s website or call the parish office at 708-422-0234.