- Fall Fun Fest @ Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn
- St. Francis' Day Blessing of Animals @ Mt. Zion Lutheran Church
- Bear Down @ Hometown VFW Bears Tailgate Party
- Oak Lawn Parks Foundation Football Fundraiser
St. Linus School hosts its third annual Hawktober Fest, the school's main fundraiser of the year. This weekend bash gets better every year. The 2013 edition features an expanded Family Night featuring lots of kids' activities including karaoke, jumpy jumps, games, snacks and much more. The fun starts at 7 p.m. Friday. Cost is $5 per child; adults are free.
WAIT, THERE'S MORE: Hawktober Fest continues on Saturday with an age 21+ Music Night, featuring St. Linus parishioner Jack Hogan and the Skylarks, and local favorite The Walk-Ins, from 5-11 p.m. Food, music and fun are included. $25 at the door. Must be 21 to attend.
THERE'S STILL MORE: Eat all the Hawktober Fest pancakes you want starting at 8 a.m. Sunday, in the Cardiff Center. Adults, $5; Children, $4.
Proceeds from Hawktoberfest go to St. Linus School. All activities take place at St. Linus Parish, 10400 S. Lawler Ave., Oak Lawn. For more info. visit the Hawktoberfest Facebook Page.
- Evergreen Park vs. Richards @ Korhonen Field/Richards High School, 10601 Central Ave. Two undefeated teams clash for first place. Sorry, friends, the game is not being broadcast.
- Help outside cats @ P.A.W.S. Trap Neuter Return Workshop
- Reavis High School Fall Arts and Crafts Sale
- Worldwide Day of Play at Sullivan Park. Leave the “screens” at home.
- National Federation of Wildlife “Hike and Seek” (and pick up a few fall leaves for the ubiquitous school fall leaf project).
- Pig Roast, Country Music and Dancing @ Trinity Lutheran Church