Ernest F. Kolb Elementary School
Ernest F. Kolb Elementary School is one of five public schools in the Ridgeland 122 School District. Kolb is a new school that was added to the district in 2000. It replaces an older school and is named after the popular late mayor of Oak Lawn. The building has an advanced computer lab, a multi-purpose gymnasium that also functions as an auditorium, a library, science lab, cafeteria and playground.
A school nurse, social worker, reading specialists and instructional assistants are available to help children who may be struggling academically. Kolb also offers music and art. Students are given the opportunity to participate in activities ranging from fine arts to student council. An active parent organization strives to continually increase the number of activities offered to students.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:20am - 3:10pm; Morning and afternoon kindergarten: Mon - Fri, 8:20am - 11:20am; 12:30pm - 3:10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 355
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Recognized by the Illinois State Board of Education; teachers are Illinois-certified and licensed.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 24
- Montessori: Yes
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Sports teams: Co-ed kickball (3-5), co-ed basketball (4-5), co-ed floor hockey (3-5)
- Student clubs: After School FUN!, Book Cooks (K-1), Kid Crafts (1-2), Newspaper Club (3-5), Service Club (3-5)