Eva's Bridals of Oak Lawn
Eva’s Bridals is said to be the nation’s oldest wedding salon. The three-generation, family owned wedding boutique was started by Eva Sweis in 1964 and originally located in Chicago. Sweis’s daughter, Nancy Ghusein, and her husband, Sam Ghusein, relocated the business to Oak Lawn at 95th Street and Cicero Avenue in 1982. Eva’s quickly gained a reputation for its impeccable customer service, eye for style, and wedding gowns for every budget.
On November 2010, the bridal salon was destroyed in a fire, prompting an outpouring of wedding gowns donated from around the country.
Today, the salon is owned and operated by Sweis’s granddaughter, Ronia Ghusein, who rebuilt the store from the ground up.
Eva’s Bridals reopened one year later in a brand new storefront. The bridal boutique carries a large selection wedding gowns, prom dresses, quinceanera dresses, and bridesmaid dresses.
Eva’s Bridals of Oak Lawn is individually owned and not affiliated with other bridal shops of the same name.
- Fax: 708-422-5628
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 10:30am - 9pm; Fri,10:30am - 8pm; Sat, 9:30am - 5pm; Sun, noon - 5pm, by appointment only.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1964
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Clothing and accessories brands: Allure, Demetrios, Maggie Sottoro, Jim Hjelm, Ines Di Santo, Eve of Milady, St. Pucci, Justin Alexander, Casablanca, Alfred Angelo, Moonlight, Mon Cheri
- Original design / hand-made?: Yes
- Part of a chain: No
- Tailoring: Yes