Lawn Manor Primary School
708-423 - 3078
Lawn Manor Primary School is one of three schools in Atwood Heights School District 125. The school serves grades Pre-K-2, including morning and afternoon kindergarten sessions and a full-day kindergarten.
Lawn Manor's educational mission is to maximize the academic achievement and social competence of all students in a safe, nurturing and developmentally appropriate environment.
The school uses the "responsiveness to intervention" model to immediately identify students who are struggling academically in order to head-off potential problems later. Students undergo educational screenings to monitor progress in class.
Lawn Manor provides a nurturing learning environment, service and character education, art, music and co-cirricular activities for a well-rounded primary school education.
There is also a "kindergarten plus" for children with late birthdays or who need extra time to grow. It's the same as the kindergarten class but with a slightly a slower pace in a smaller classroom settings.
Dist. 125 covers Alsip, Garden Homes, Merrionette Park and sections of Oak Lawn. The attendance boundaries for Oak Lawn are the east side of Kostner Avenue to west side of Pulaski Road and the south side of 127th Street to the north side of 111th Street.
- Hours: Morning kindergarten, Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 11am; Afternoon kindergarten, Mon - Fri, noon - 2:30pm; Full-day kindergarten, Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 2:10pm; Grades 1 - 2, Mon - Fri, 8:15am-2:25pm
- Number of students: 280
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education-recognized, Illinois-certified and licensed teachers
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 13-3
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 20
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students engage in a monthly community service project, such as UNICEFF collection, food and clothing drives, and "pennies for pooches."
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: PreK-2
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: After school clubs determined by teachers