Oak Lawn-Hometown Middle School
Oak Lawn-Hometown Middle School serves students in grades 6-8 from the communities of the same name. The recently built school includes an advanced computer lab, science lab, library, cafeteria, a multi-purpose gymnasium and an expansive outdoor campus.
In addition to core curricular subjects, OLHMS offers a full complement of co-curricular activities, from music and art to media product and foreign language clubs.
- Fax: 708-499-7684
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed. Office: Mon - Fri, 7am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 1032
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education; teachers are Illinois certified and licensed.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 16-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 40
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Student clubs: Student Council, National Junior Honor Society, school newspaper, arts and crafts, knitting, computer, French, Spanish, yearbook, creative writing, media production, Mathletes, concert band, jazz band, cadet band, chorus, Readers Cafe
- Sports teams: Boys/girls softball, cross country (boys and girls), cheerleading (girls), basketball (boys and girls), track and field (boys and girls), volleyball (girls)