Oak Lawn Park Dist Community Pavilion
The Oak Lawn Park District's Pavilion is a full-scale recreational center with indoor and outdoor facilities where residents of all ages can go to get fit and play. The 28,000-square-foor sports arena offers a workout and fitness center with all of the latest Cybex equipment like stair-steppers, exercise bikes, free weights and treadmills. An .08 mile indoor running/walking track is available free to residents year-round, as well as all types of adult and youth sports leagues, an open gym and sports training programs. The Pavilion also offers a babysitting room so parents can enjoy worry-free workouts and participate in programs.
Some of the featured recreation programs are bench-step aerobics, kickboxing, Seniorcise, Pilates-based conditioning, Yoga fitness, Rug Rat Sports, the 1,000 Mile Walking Club and the George Shimko Basketball School.
The main 28,000-square-foot arena is available for private rental, including business functions, celebrations and trade shows.
- Fax: 708-598-4166
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, 6am - 10pm; Tue, Thu, 6am - 11pm; Sat - Sun, 8am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: The building is handicapped accessible, according to the park district.
- Parking: Free lot
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The Pavilion was originally designed as an indoor arena for soccer matches. The facility is also available for trade show rentals, birthday parties, celebrations and other events.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Lockers, Restrooms, Showers
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Basketball courts, Fitness center
- Private events: Yes
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa
- Membership info: Resident, non-resident and co-op memberships available
- Capacity: 4,000
- Outdoor/indoor: Indoor
- Facilities: Baseball/softball fields, Basketball courts, Football/soccer/lacrosse fields, Gym, Hockey/skating rink, Running track, Track and field facilities, Volleyball courts
- Facility types: Indoor, Outdoor
- Features: Lockers, Showers, Vending machines
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No outside food, No pets, No smoking
- Features: Cardio (bicycle), Cardio (elliptical), Cardio (stair master), Cardio (tread mill), Strength (free weights), Strength (machines)
- Services: Classes, Fitness assessment, Massage, Personal training, Towel service
- Classes/programs: Aerobics, Cycling, Martial arts, Pilates, Yoga
- Number of classes/week: 30
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 12
- Type: Kickboxing
- Levels: Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate
- Services: One-on-one instruction, Retreats
- Services: Cardio training, Endurance, Fitness assessment, Flexibility, Strength training, Weight loss