St Linus Catholic School
St. Linus Catholic School endeavors to inspire each student with Christ-centered values through challenging education and community involvement.
The school's motto is "The Few, The Proud, The Future." Students at the school typically score in the top 10 percent of the country on standardized tests. St. Linus takes a "whole child" approach in addressing the needs of individual students and nurturing each to grow spiritually, intellectually, emotionally and physically.
The school curriculum includes religion, math, social studies, language arts, science, technology, fine arts and physical education.
Grades 6-8 at St. Linus operate as a middle school where children are grouped according to abilities and change classes.
Students are encouraged to be creative, with many opportunities for hands-on learning. Catholic values and character formation are integrated into every lesson.
In the past decade, the school has undergone extensive updates with sizable classrooms, an extensive library/media center, a "state-of-the-art" technology center, art center, newly renovated gymnasium, science lab and weather forecast camera. The grounds include a large athletic field, private play yard and gardens, according to the school's website.
Students struggling academically receive extra help from a trained staff of specialists. The school also provides outside referrals for special education. Tuition assistance is available for families who qualify, as well as before and after school care.
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:40pm; Extended care: Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Changes can be made to give a student the access he or she needs. For example, a second-floor class will be changed to the first floor.
- Founding Date: 1956
- Number of students: 400
- Male-to-female ratio: 50/50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Cahtolic
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI); Illinois State Board of Education-recognized; Illinois-certified teachers
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 20-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 26
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-K - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: After-school tutoring, altar servers, Girl and Boy Scouts, sports
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, cheerleading
- Student clubs: Art Club, Band, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Homework Club, National Junior Honor Society, Spirit Choir, Student Ambassadors, Student Council, Young Vincentians.