St. Louis de Montfort Catholic School
St. Louis de Montfort Catholic School is committed to working with parents to help young people become mature adults who can proudly declare their faith. The Chicago Archdiocese school is supported by the St. Louis de Montfort Parish and takes its responsibility of educating children in the Catholic faith very seriously. Academics, religion, sports and choir all have a faith-based dimension.
Parents are afforded every opportunity to become involved in their child's education through regular communication with the school principal and faculty. St. Louis de Montfort has an active school and athletic board and family school association. The school hosts an August flea market, an Oktoberfest in September and a March fish fry.
Tuition assistance is available for families that qualify, as well as remedial assistance in subject areas for students who are behind and need extra help.
St. Louis de Montfort offers a fine arts program that includes music and drama, hands-on science programs and a pre-school. Physical education and sports activities are held in nearby Oak Lawn parks, and the parish hall is often utilized as a gymnasium.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:10am - 2:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed. Extended care: Mon - Fri, 6am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: Aug 01 1965
- Number of students: 275
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Roman Catholic
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education; Illinois-certified teachers
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 19
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Engaged in parish activities; 8th graders are expected to do 10 hours of community service for confirmation programs.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Pre-kindergarten - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab
- Extracurricular activities available: Music (violin and band) choir, sports, Girl Scouts
- Sports teams: Soccer and basketball, girls and boys teams
- Student clubs: Junior Scientist, student council