St. Paul Lutheran School
St. Paul Lutheran School is a culturally diverse, parochial elementary school, whose mission is to share Jesus with children and their families by providing an outstanding academic and religious education. Placement testing and screening is required. Families must be active in their home church and provide a letter from their pastor.
Children learn through exploration, experimentation, practice and interaction with others. The school provides an environment that is nurturing, caring and geared toward students' developmental needs. Remedial assistance is available.
Fifty-percent of the school's support comes from St. Paul Lutheran Church. Tuition assistance is available for families who qualify. The school offers a variety of clubs, including band and choir, and is fully equipped with a computer and mobile science lab. After school Spanish is also available.
Extended before and after school care is available to working parents.
- Hours: School: Mon - Fri, 815am - 3 pm; Extended care: Mon - Fri, 6:30am - 8pm
- Handicap Accessible: Restrooms are ADA-compliant, and school is on one level.
- Founding Date: Aug 19 1959
- Number of students: 114
- Male-to-female ratio: 50-50
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Missouri Synod Lutheran
- Acceptance rate (%): 90
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: National Lutheran Schools Accreditation, Illinois State Board of Education-recognized. Teachers are Illinois state-certified.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 11-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 15
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students participate in community service projects at Hope Children's Hospital and Ronald McDonald House in Oak Lawn, as well as charitable projects throughout the year.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: PreK-8
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Computer lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Cheerleading, band, choir, Girl Scouts
- Sports teams: South Suburban Lutheran Athletic Association, boys and girls basketball, volleyball and track. Intramural sports
- Student clubs: Crusaders In Action