Now that AMC’s 1960s advertising drama Mad Men has ended its fifth season, we welcome the return of our village’s own ‘Mad Men’—
And mad they are, what with the calls for , , and the
The Oak Lawn Village Board delves into its streamlined summer schedule starting at 7:30 p.m. tonight (Tuesday) with a robust agenda at Village Hall, at 9446 S. Raymond Ave.
READ THE robust village board agenda pdf.
As the curtain rises on Act II of the and with the scent of an upcoming election less than a year away, I’m sure I won’t be the only reporter strolling out to the vending machine for a bag of Cheetos.
Tuesday’s village board agenda has an A through O consent agenda, plus lots of calm discussion.
Here’s what’s on the docket for tonight:
- The Pledge (not too much controversy there; board members seem to be in agreement that they love America);
- A request to approve the real estate purchase and sale agreement between the Village of Oak Lawn and Beverly Bank and Trust;
- Discussion of the completion of the ;
- Lots of boring impervious surface variation stuff; and
- Executive Session discussion of “pending litigation” plus approval of closed meeting minutes.
As an added service, Patch will be keeping an eye on the old ticker on our voice recorder so if something interesting happens in the meeting, we'll tell you where to fast-forward your DVRs on Ch. 4 so you can go right to the good stuff without having to sit through the entire delayed broadcast.
We'll also do our best to keep everyone updated on the Oak Lawn Facebook page. We're just eight likes away from 1,400 so be sure to like us on Facebook.